New Star Wars Battlefront Characters Confirmed
Thanks to a curious data miner, three new Battlefront characters were discovered earlier this month. Today, Electronic Arts has confirmed Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Emperor Palpatine and detailed their abilities. Here is the overview:
- Rapid Fire (lets you fire his blaster as fast as you can pull the trigger)
- Lucky Shot (this “build up and release” power does major damage to enemies and vehicles; it can also break Vader’s block)
- Shoulder Charge (inspired by A New Hope, this offensive and defensive ability lets you get into and out of battle quickly).
- Trooper Bane (kills stormtroopers in one hit; significantly damages villains)
- Enhanced Squad Shield (an improved version of the Squad Shield Power Card that Leia can shoot out of)
- Supply Drop (drops a variety of power ups for rebel fighters)
- Force Lighting (does significant damage to anyone close by)
- Chain Lightning (does major damage to enemies in all directions)
- Imperial Resources (gives power ups to teammates and health boosts to other villains)
- Force Dash (lets you move around quickly)
Battlefront’s multiplayer beta ended on October 13; it attracted 9 million players across Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC, representing the largest beta in EA’s history.
The full game launches on November 17, about a month before JJ Abrams’ Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens hits theaters. In other recent news, DICE has admitted that the 40-player Walker Assault mode is poorly balanced, while Sony has released a new live-action ad for the PS4 edition.
9GB Halo 5 Patch on Day 1
Halo 5 Will Have a 9GB, Day 1 Patch
Destiny Patch Released to fix Nightfall Rewards
Players complained that the Nightfall rewards in Destiny sucked, and Bungie agreed. Today, Bungie addressed with issue with a new patch that includes better loot drops of up to 50% and 60%. The update also fixes Shadowshots, strange coins, and other rewards and bugs.
GTA 5’s Lowriders Out Now
Grand Theft Auto 5 released their newest updated called the Lowriders update today. The DLC features lowriders and gives players many customizable options. Here are the specifics from Rockstar:
- New Clothing, Hair, Tattoos, and Accessories
- Personal Vehicle Remote: Players can now use the Player Interaction Menu to remotely open their trunk, doors or hood to show off their new rides. Players can also turn on the engine, lights, and the radio all while standing outside admiring their vehicle.
- Freemode Weapon Pickups: 200 separate weapon pickups are now scattered across Los Santos and Blaine County.
- Changes to Performance Mod Unlocks: Performance mods are now more accessible and unlock by rank, as well as via Race wins.
- Destroy Last Place: A new option has been added to Races, upping the stakes for those in the back of the pack. The host can set it to be effective each lap, every 15 seconds, every 30 seconds. or every 60 seconds–and the player in last will be blown up at the corresponding interval.
- Extra Weapons in the Creator: All previously released weapons that are not restricted by time-limited events will now be available for use in the Creator.
- Quick Ammo Restock Option: Refill ammo directly from the Player Interaction Menu. Quickly add rounds to any weapon, or max out ammo for that weapon type.
- Pearlescent Crew Color: New paint options for Crew Members in the Mod Shop.
- New Player Actions: Three new player actions will be available via the Player Interaction Menu: Chicken, Chin Brush and No Way.
- Updated PC Mouse Control Options: An option has been added to the Settings menu to allow players to swap between Roll/Pitch and Yaw/Pitch mouse flying control types.
SEGA May Launch a New Valkyria Chronicles Title
SEGA Trademark Points to New Valkyria Chronicles Title